Within this part-time role, you will provide a full financial & management accounting and reporting service across East Park. You will manage the day to day running of the Finance function and you will be responsible for managing the duties and workload of the Finance Officer.
- Prepare annual revenue budgets for services across East Park.
- Assist with the planning and monitoring of capital expenditure annually.
- Produce long term financial models and scenario planning to inform strategic planning and risk management
- Update East Park Financial & Data Policy & procedures as required and support colleagues to ensure all staff comply with these procedures
- Check monthly management accounts, including restricted fund accounts, balance sheet, debtor analysis, bank reconciliations and all month end reports
- Report on variances to the senior management team and middle managers as appropriate
- Provide financial information as required to support tenders for service commissioning frameworks and other commissioning activity
- Monitor debtors and creditors reporting and ensure timely action is taken as required
- Implement effective treasury management and banking arrangements including advising on investments and monitoring cash flow
- Monitor the proper application of restricted and designated funds and report on this to the senior management team and others as required
- Work closely with the HR & Admin Manager and Finance Officer on the accurate delivery of the payroll and associated returns monthly and annually and reconcile the payroll on a monthly basis
- Under the direction of the Head of Care Services, support the financial management of young people’s income and bank accounts as required
- With colleagues as appropriate, ensure complete and timely preparation for year end accounting and audit and to liaise with auditors as required
Monitoring & governance
- Undertake and/or assist with internal audits of financial and other activities as directed by the Executive Director and senior managers
- Stay familiar with the requirements of the charity SORP 2015 and keep abreast of financial and governance best practice as applied to charity finances
- Ensure the retention and disposal of financial and associated data is undertaken in compliance with Data Protection requirements
- Work closely with fundraising colleagues in implementing all controls required in the proper processing of funds raised including cash donations, online donations, grants, legacies etc.
- Work closely with fundraising colleagues on Gift Aid record processing and claims
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports on financial matters as defined and required by the senior management team and the Board
- Present reports on financial matters to the senior management team
This part time role (approx. 16-20 hours per week) is offered as a 4 month Fixed Term Contract. The FTE salary range will be £25,801- £30,671.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Ideally you will be a professionally qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent)
- You must have extensive knowledge of charity SORP 2015 requirements
- Experience of staff management will be required
- Experience of managing restricted & unrestricted funds is essential
- Experience of working within education or care environment would be beneficial
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to Debbie Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org