About 

The Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home is Edinburgh’s oldest Animal Welfare organisation, founded in 1883 by some citizens whose love of dogs motivated them to take action to alleviate the plight of strays roaming the streets of the city at that time.

Based for many years in Broughton Road in Edinburgh, the Home moved to its present site at Seafield on the banks of the Forth Estuary at Portobello in 1957.

The building at Seafield on the Forth Estuary has modern, purpose-built kennels and catteries, and all dogs and cats are lovingly cared for by the dedicated and highly-trained team. EDCH staff work very hard to ensure the health and well-being of the animals.

Every single dog and cat in their care is treated with great respect and kindness, and the excellent facilities are matched by the services of Edinburgh University’s Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies which provides on-going treatment and advice. 

 

A snapshot of 2016

 

 

Finance Business Partner    Job Spec