iMultiply are delighted to be partnering with Scottish Sports Futures to appoint their Chief Executive.
SSF was established in 2000 and over the last 16 years it has created a successful and well respected “Sport for Development” model that supports young people from early interventions right through to training and employment.
SSF is committed to enhancing the lives of young people through sport and physical activity; providing them with the information and advice they need to fulfil their potential.
This is a great opportunity to lead and influence a reputable organisation and work with senior contacts in Scottish Government. You have the chance to take the organisation through its next stage of development into a more visible and influential charity while having direct influence on creating better opportunities for young people across Scotland.
The Chief Executive will report directly to the Board of Trustees to provide advice, guidance and direction on:
- The organisational vision and mission
- Ensuring the organisation is financially viable
- Governance and compliance
- Enhancing the organisation’s brand
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with service level agreements and within budget
- Ensuring all activities are in line with the organisations charitable status and values
- Enabling the development of all SSF staff
Strategic Direction – responsible for setting out the future direction of the organisation following input from all stakeholders (Board, funders, Scottish government, current and potential entrepreneurs and staff). Responsible for the communication of the strategic plan to all stakeholders.
Fundraising/Business Development – responsible for sourcing new funding streams, particularly from the private sector; developing key relationships; developing services; and authorising contracts for services.
Marketing / Communications – responsible for planning marketing strategy and maintaining coherent approach to communicating SSF’s offerings to a wide range of relevant parties. Shared responsibility with Head of Marketing / Communications for being spokesperson for SSF to media.
Finance - responsible for all aspects of business planning for the organisation and the modelling of potential income streams and service development plans. Ensuring financial accounting and reporting of information to the relevant bodies.
Operations - responsible for identifying the timing of future service development and ensuring the requisite resources are in place to support the development.
Project Maintenance and Development – Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the agreement between partners; Research and evaluate new projects which fit SSF criteria; research and evaluate new funding routes.
Partnership Working - Research and evaluate new partnership opportunities; Maintain regular dialogue with the Scottish Executive and other potential partners; Work with Project Partners and local youth/community experts to develop and deliver SSF programmes.
The Successful Candidate
To be considered for this opportunity, you should have the following:
- Proven track record of operating in a leadership role
- Knowledge or experience of working within Scottish commercial, charitable, sport and political landscape
- Strong knowledge of funding mechanisms and processes, contacts in the private sector would also be advantageous
- Strong financial acumen including budgeting & forecasting
- Knowledge and experience of good governance
- Ability to engage and influence senior internal & external stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com Kirsty can be contacted on 0141 648 9150 with any questions.
The closing date for application is March 17th 2017. Interviews are currently scheduled for the 3rd and 4th of April.