Founded in 1972 by Dr Margaret Blackwood, Blackwood is now a leading national Housing and Care provider specialising in homes and care services for people with disabilities.
Blackwood have 3 regional offices in Stirling, Glasgow and Aberdeen which provide a great base for their unique streamlined housing and care service. By being closer to their customers they are in the best position to help each of their customers live their lives to the full and support them to make their own life choices.
Blackwood lives by four core values to ensure everything they do as an organisation and as individuals demonstrates integrity and accountability.
These values are now embedded within their culture - employees know them, customers know them, and we want to work with partners and suppliers who also share these values:
- Takes ownership for their behaviour, performance and quality of work.
- Works together with colleagues and customers to achieve positive outcomes.
- Takes responsibility for their own personal development.
- Demonstrates personal flexibility, embracing change in a positive way.
- Asks for help when needed & provides support to others.
- Adheres to organisational values, policies and procedures.
Open and Honest
- Communicates clearly and openly with others.
- Is open to and actively seeks feedback, listens and responds accordingly.
- Shares relevant information in a timely manner.
- Is confident to speak up and share their views with others.
- Supports innovation and creativity through the sharing of knowledge and ideas.
- Builds and develops trust.
Keeping our Promises
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer needs and expectations.
- Provides a high-quality service and strives to exceed expectations.
- Displays a can-do attitude even when facing challenges.
- Follows regulatory and organisational codes of conduct, being a role model for others.
- Delivers on promises.
Respect and Understanding
- Acts with integrity and professionalism.
- Creates a positive working environment that is inclusive to all.
- Understands how their behaviours can be interpreted and considers the impact on others.
- Works well with people who have differing backgrounds, views, ideas and perspectives.