When applying for roles, it's important that your CV does you justice. At iMultiply Resourcing we read a lot of CV's and we know a good CV when we see one. We like to take the time to find out about the person behind the CV, their experience, skill set and motivations to ensure that their CV is the best it can be.
Here are our top 5 tips on how to improve your CV:
- Format/Layout - Your CV needs to be easy on the eye. No wacky backgrounds or tables.
- Tailor your CV for each job that you apply for. It sounds obvious but it is very important to make sure that your skills and experience match the criteria of the role and that you make this clear to the reader.
- Facts - Make sure you don't tell any porkies.
- Don't waffle - HR and Hiring mangers don't have time to read a CV essay so make sure that you are concise. Bullet points are good at listing responsibilities and achievements in short sentences and are easy to read.
- Spell check – Check it and check it again. (Especially the word liaise! It’s one of the most misspelt words we come across!)
If you are considering your next move within the industry and would like some advice on your CV - please call us on 0131 603 7747.